I plan to write about some of the pitfalls and challenges of being a Give Away Girl (GAG) and a mom. But first, I want to talk about the gifts. After all, there are tremendous positives due credit. Let’s look at some of the characteristics of GAGs and see how they serve the purpose of motherhood effectually.
- They love to love. Give Away Girls as mothers are great at caring for their children. They love to love. They are highly motivated and competent caretakers. Having a loving mother is a core foundation every child needs and deserves.
- They are helpful, encouraging and emotionally supportive of their children. Along with the care and love comes empathy from the Give Away Girl.
If Tabitha skins her knee, she will get that hug she needs.
- They work hard. They get it all done: classic Supermoms. It’s rare to find a lazy codependent woman or mother. Kids depend on their moms for so much, and GAG moms are on top of every detail … so reassuring. The whole family can count on mom.
- They’re real “yes women.” Saying “yes” comes naturally for GAG moms. They volunteer at the bake sale. They help their kids put together the last-minute lemonade stand. They’re the room mother at school. And they’re so much more.
- Self-sacrifice comes automatically. A Give Away Girl mom is quick to jump out of bed in the middle of the night for any and all needs. She gives her children and her family 110 percent (always).
This is amazing stuff! So for now, let’s give credit where credit is due.
Powered by Qumana